All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Saturday - 02/24/07 - OSU Men's D Crit

OSU Men's D Crit
5th in 30

Today was *cold*. I registered and got my "D" number for the season - 920 and jumped back in Geo's car to stay warm. We were the opening race which was thankfully not till noon.

Some of the younger guys were real excited and wanted to warm up about 45 min before the race. I just yelled at them from the car and told them they were crazy.
About 15 min to race time I finally got out of the car and got on golden boy.

I spun around the course in my biggest gear just chillin' out and loosening the legs up. I didn't feel like sprinting so I just had a real easy warm up.

Miller and I got a spot in the first row when they called us to the line. One of the UW-SP guys was behind us and he's a bit older so his kids were there. They were only a couple of years old and said "Bye daddy, we'll see you soon" and then he said "yeah...I'll see you in the hospital".

Miller and I were cracking up for a while at this.

The race was pretty uneventful. Since it was D's no one took any hot lines into corners and generally stayed pretty clear of one another. 10 min into the 30 min race they had a prime and one no one attacked for the first half of the lap I decided to shake things up.

I moved to the front and told Josh to take my wheel on the way up. I hammered for about a lap till I was spent. 4 Milwaukee guys and Josh made a break. Since Milwaukee is too small of a school to really do anything in the overall standings I tried to hold back the main group till they got away.

I stayed on the front and pushed things most of the rest of the way and the main field pretty much melted away. I won the field sprint and took 5th.

All in all it was too easy and I'll move up to C's next weekend. I love this team though.

No comments:

Post a Comment