All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


2010 Cycling Results

It's not quite time for my annual winter return to the blogsphere but I was writing up my race results for my team for my annual race reimbursement (big thanks to our sponsors) and wanted to share. 


Here are the results for my 2010 cycling season.  I listed race name, type, category and result. Top 10s are highlighted.

  1. Sugar Hill XC - MTB - Beginner - 1st
  2. Michaux Mash - MTB - Men's Open - 16th
  3. SoYoCo Circuit Race - Road - Cat4/5 - 16th
  4. Carl Dolan Circuit Race - Road - Cat3/4 - 27th
  5. Farmersville RR - Road - Cat4 - 19th
  6. Turkey Hill RR - Road - Cat4/5 - 1st
  7. Bunny Hop Crit - Road - Cat 4 - 76th
  8. Bike Jam - Road - Cat4 - 19th
  9. Fulton RR - Road - Cat4 - 1st
  10. Mt. Nebo - Road - Cat4 - DNF
  11. Cargas Criterium - Road - Cat4/5 - 7th
  12. Brownstown RR - Road - Cat4 - 3rd
  13. Long Pine Classic - MTB - Single Speed Sport - 6th
  14. MD Crit Championships - Road - Cat4 - 10th
  15. Ronde Van Mullica - Road - Cat4/5 - 3rd
  16. Grandview Grand Prix - Road - Cat3/4 - DNF
  17. Rockburn CX - Cyclocross - Cat4 - 42nd
Upgrades: 
Road: Cat4 --> Cat3
MTB: Beginner --> Sport  

That's 17 races across 3 different cycling disciplines with 8 top 10s including 3 wins and only 2 DNFs. Between the value of the merchandise I won, as well as the cash and team race reimbursements I'm look around $500 of cash and prizes this year. This was my best season, by any measurement, in any sport, ever.

Looking through my training log I can see where it came from: 260+ hours and 3,700+ miles of riding over 29 weeks including 25 interval sessions and an 8 day period averaging 3 hrs a day. My highest volume week was nearly 19 hours of riding.

What about 2011?

Well it's time to use the holidays to stop and reflect and think about what I want to accomplish is 2011. I've got a lot of options and a lot of exciting new opportunities. But that's for another post.

Happy Holidays,
a

No comments:

Post a Comment