All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Saturday - 03/18/06 - Spring Break Day 9

Flint Trail (Long)
40 min

Closed out my last day here with a run on the long loop of the Flint Trail. Turned out to not be very long.

I know I've kept a pretty boring blog lately. I didn't have a computer of break so everything you're reading about over break I'm writing down 1 to 2 weeks after it happened.

I'm leaving out a lot of important stuff. Most importantly I didn't really write about how awesome the cycling team is. I was pretty intimidated about coming on this trip at first because I'm not much of a cyclist but I can't stress enough what a great trip this was for me. Even though I've only been around these people a week I haven't felt this kind of connection to people since my high school cross and track teams. There's a definite feeling of respect and camaraderie to everything we do out here and it's wonderful to finally be a part of that again.

In terms of training I think I spent a lot of time following other people training plans which isn't really my style and I think I got a little beat up as a result. But all in all this was great training.

Best Spring break ever, can't wait till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment