All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Saturday - 05/06/06 - Old Friends

24 miles
Old Sauk
~ 90 min

Core

Tonight was Wisconsin"s Twilight Classic, the only outdoor home meet of the year. I swung by on my warmup to check it out and I ran into Sam Watson - one of my old teammates from back in high school who runs for UIC now. We shot the shit for a while talking about Wisconsin runners, the Big 10, our old teammate Julius White (who runs a 1:53 now) and UIC's new coach (LT's old coach - Kuherick). I didn't have time to stick around and watch Sam race but it was good to see him.

The ride felt pretty good today. I'm just trying to relax and get out there and ignore pace altogether. Really I'm just doing prebase right now. Once I build up to at least one workout a day I can start to look at things like long workouts and LT work. But for now I"m getting out there.

This is finals week so I'll be spending all the rest of my time studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment