All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Sunday - 06/04/06 - Bonk (but not too hard)

2 hr 20 min ride
40.5 miles
17.7 mph avg


Interesting ride today. I knew I hadn't eaten quite as much as I should have but wasn't sure how hungry I was going to be.

I did the first 7 or so miles in about 30-35 min with Jess and then took off on my own. By the time I hit 20 miles on the edge of Belleville I had only been out for 1 hr 10 min. So from mile 7 to about mile 29 I was going about 20 - 23 mph and feeling great. Legs were comfortable, breathing normal.

Right after the turn off of 69 onto Locust I was just all of a sudden tired. Knowing what was going on I ate my granola bar (I had already had a gel) and just chilled out till the sugar kicked in about 15 min later. I had another gel and I should have taken it then too but for some reason I associate eating on anything less than an epic ride with some kind of weakness ... stupid I know.

At anyrate I perked back up a little later and made it home ok.

Good effort - encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment