All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Thursday - 06/15/06 - Pull Out!

400m w/u
100 kick
200m drill/pull
100m kick
200m TT (3:28)
100m kick
200m c/d

Total: 1,300m

Tried to push it too far today. I feel this need right before a race to "see where I'm at". This thinly disguise sense of insecurity results in me adding time trials (read: hard workouts) the week before a race.

While they sometimes results in a huge confidence boost, as today showed they sometimes are just too much.

I started out today thinking I was going to do a full 500m TT to try and predict my swim time. I was going to try and hold 50 sec per 50m. By 200m I was already 8 sec off pace and feeling tired. I realized I was wasting my time and burning myself out. After yesterday's brick I could hardly stand I was so tired. So I pulled out and called it quits.

I was tired. The training is done. What I need is some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment