All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Wednesday - 06/14/06 - Wednesday Worlds

2 hr 15 min ride (42 miles)
10 min tempo run

So today was a hard workout.

I went on a ride called "Wednesday Worlds". Basically some of the best Cat 1/2/3/4 riders in town get together and ride a double paceline as long and as hard as they can.

Firstly, I'm incredibly indebted to Eaon for teaching me how ride a double pace line in North Carolina over spingbreak. Not know that would have made me look like even more of a squirrelly 5.

I don't know how fast we were going but it was fast. I hung on for a little over 30 min. It was my turn to take the leadout up a hill and I tried to hard to get to the front. I was a little tired and we reorganizing after a turn - I should have just sat back. Anyway I blew my load too soon and got dropped with this other guy who won the Snake Alley 4's crit.

It was annoying because it was right before this long flat and about a mile outside of Belleville where at least one guy was going to turn back.
So, that was too bad but I'm happy I was able to hang as long as I did and I wasn't totally burned either, I made pretty good time on the way back.

When I got home I did a real transition right into my run and went out and hammered a run for 10 min just to get an idea of where I am.


Hopefully, things will pan out this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment