All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Thursday - 06/22/06 - Wetsuit

1 hr swim
5 min run
drills
6Xstrides

A guy in my swim class, Bill,has an extra wetsuit and is letting me use it for our class. Awesome!
Today we swam out to the Luminology boat again and with the wetsuit I was almost a minute faster - 14:48. The boat is about 800m away so a wetsuit might be a good investment for olympic distance races (1,500m swim). Once we were at the boat we swam out to our lifeguard's boat and then back to the lum boat and then to the slowest person (who was still coming in) and back to the lum boat. This added on about another 600-800m. Finally we swam back to shore and I made it back in 15:40.

After class I went to the track to work on some strides and some drills. Maybe I was tired but I just didn't feel the spark I'm gong to need to race a mile at the end of July. It's something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment