All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Friday - 06/23/06 - 80 Miles

80 mile ride
~5 hrs

This morning some people from our swim class got together for a ride. We met over at the fleet feet over on Old Sauk. Tim was leading us. Yesterday Tim had said he was going to ride from his house, meet us and ride with us for a bit, and then ride home to get 100 miles. Last time I was in Tim's house he lived over by Blue mounds, a good 45 min drive away. Well as it turns out Tim had since moved to Mazomanie, about 28 miles from my place. Once we were at Tim's house he took us out for a loop with a nice climb in it that Tim and I rode twice. At the bottom Tim gave me a fist pound and a "nice pull" which probably set me off grinning like an idiot - I'm a sucker for praise. We hit 2 more climbs on the way home and I was killing on both of them. I had great climbing that day. On the way back I hit Cleveland hill just for some spice.

When I finally got home I ate what had to be the best Snickers bar for my life. I looked at my bike computer - I was at 77.5 miles

Damn it.

I got back on my bike and rode around the neighbor hood till I got 80 miles in. The best part about my ride was that at no point was I dying or dragging along. At worst I got a little hungry between gels but I wasn't even sore the next day (thank you Ovaltine, the poor mans Endurox).

Then there was a festival of easting.

And a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment