All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Tuesday - 06/20/06 - Swim Lessons

AM: 30 min swim
PM: 2 hr ride

So I decided to take Tim Gattenby's "swimming for triathlons" class through the university. As it works out with my current summer school load I don't have to pay any extra for the credit.

It meets from 6:40-8:30 am which I don't mind in term of getting up but it does change my study/sleep/social patterns a bit.

Today Tim told me that I keep my head too low in the water - almost totally submerged. Who would have thought? the one thing I never thought of. He also said my recovery is very mechanical - no surprise there.


He asked if I was a math major :-)


That afternoon I went out for a ride and did some hill hunting. I'm feeling great after my race. I just rode my usual pace and was almost 5 min early at the turn around on Celestial. On the way back I added Cleveland and Deer Run hills to get the time in. Cleveland is a baby-killer but I made it up. Felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment