All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Wednesday - 07/26/06 - Crowded Waters

~30 min swim in Wingra

Went for an evening swim today. Wingra was packed with people. There was one training group of about 8 people and their coach just getting out as well as several individuals starting, leaving and out on the water.

I swam to the usual dead tree and reeds and almost (literally) bumped into a guy when I got there. His name was Lars - nice guy. We decided to swim back together and about half way back ran into another guy and we stopped and talked about how for the swim was (about ~1,200 to 1,400m) and the weather for a minute.

I realized at some point during this conversation that I was treading water in the middle of a lake 10 min out from shore, wearing a wetsuit (essentially a strap on layer of fat) and talking to two total strangers at 7:30 in the evening.

And this was my social life!

Every now and then I get the feeling my life is not like most other people's...

No comments:

Post a Comment