All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Friday - 08/18/06 - Long

1 hr 35 min run (~8 min pace)

Raining again today. I had to drag myself out the door with a little help from AC/DC's Thunderstruck for today's long run. 12 miles alone around a lake in a foggy drizzle on a Friday afternoon isn't the most fun part of training.

But it's not the worst part either. Most people would laugh at my seemingly sluggish 8 min miles but I can feel them breaking down the muscles in my legs. Slowly and steadily developing the economy and strength that will translate into pr's that no one can thumb their nose at.

Sill, I ran about 10 min faster then when I did this with Kelli Hayes a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment