All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Tuesday - 08/08/06 - I'm An Idiot

20 min run
20 min tempo
26 min run

Nice long day today, felt good. Ran with Kelley Hess ('06 Mad City Marathon Women's winner). My tempo went much better then last week when I ended up having to walk when I got lost in the woods and my legs felt completely empty. This week I picked a big loop in the prairie and got after it. I was able to find a good pace and stay right on my threshold.

I of course managed to dick it up at the last minute.

In the 19th minute I had to cross a braided steel cable that hung across the trail at knee height (you can see where this is going). I had crossed it 2 times before but of course this time I clipped it and went down. Well this would not have been a big deal except I didn't just trip and fall onto the grass.

Oh no no no.

I some how got tangled up and spun such that I came down with all by body weight on the rope (steel rope mind you) directly across my hips.

Oww.

I was laying on the ground screaming obscenities (mostly directed at myself) for about a minute till I got up and walked over to the visitor's center of the arb where I was meeting back up with Kelley.

"How'd it go. Wait, what happened, you're all covered in grass and dirt."

"Errr..."

No comments:

Post a Comment