All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Week of 05/21/07 - Week 1

Monday - 05/21/07
2 hour ride.
Went west with Matt-Ho, Gelhing and Waite. Had to turn around after an hour to get some last minute work done. I thought I had already graduated though...

Tuesday - 05/22/07
40 min run
Ran out to Emily's in the middle of the night and talked to her for a few hours making for a very late run home. It just feels so good to get some consistency in my training again.

Wednesday - 05/23/07
4 hr ride
Went out to Mount Horub via a westerly loop with Waite and Gelhing. We followed Gelhing and had to swing by the trek store first which dragged the ride out a bit. Today was also the WINDIEST day I've ever ridden in. It didn't bite as bad as a winter wind but we were pedaling hard DOWNHILL to keep our bikes up. It got so hard we were laughing - it was rediculous. If there's one thing I'm going to improve on from lasy years training it's more group training. It's much better with other people around - in so many ways.

Thursday - 05/24/07
40 min run
Did a loop through the woods behind the Alient Center - perfect summer day. Feels great to be training again.

Friday - 05/25/07
30 min swim.
My first open water swim of the summer. Did wingra across and back. Water was surprisingly warm and the weeds are under control. Arms felt a little rubbery but didn't get sore. Floated on my back in the middle of the lake for a little bit. Felt very alone and couldn't shake the feeling I was constantly spinning backwards. Very meditative.

Saturday - 05/26/07
Day off

Sunday - 05/27/07
2.5 hours
~55 miles
Did Jesse Bond's version of Belleville. Steamer realized he was going to be late for work so we had to book it the last hour.

Totals
Swim: 30 min
Bike: 8.5 hrs
Run: 80 min

Total: 10hrs 20min

Double digits in my first week and feeling good! I'm sure I'm going to drop down for my next three weeks as I won't have bike acess as I travel to Baltimore. There was some core and strength stuff I forgot to put down too

No comments:

Post a Comment