All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Week of 05/28/07

Monday
1.5 hours
~28 miles

I went to Bratfest with Evan and had a few brats. Then I rode the short Goodland loop and came back on the cap city trail ending my ride back at brat fest to meet Evan again for more brats at Bratfest.

Great Day.


Tuesday
Rest


Packing Day :(


Wednesday
Rest


Moving Day :(


Thursday
40 min run
10x pushups
5x diamond pushups
core


Ran the loop from my parents house over 'Devil's Head' in the woods. It's always nice to run around my old stomping grounds.


Friday
30 min run
drills
strides
10x pushups
5x diamond pushups
core


Arjun and Melissa ran with me for a little bit today. I can't remember the last time I had 2 people out on a run with me. Training with other people is something I need to get back to. Besides being psycholocially much easier it prepares you better for racing. Right now my pacing is all over the place - fast when I feel good and slower when I need to recover. Running with someone else pushes you just slightly to ran an uncomfortable pace and that makes a big difference in the end when you race and you have to follow other people's paces.

Melissa was pretty beat so the both left after the warm up to make it to a cub's game. Felt a little tired but the strides and drills went well.


Saturday
1 hr run
10x pushups
5x diamond pushups
core


Went for my 'long' run through the forest preserve along the Des Plaines River. My sister Alice rode with me and was a good domestique - giving me a granola bar at the 40 min point. I felt smooth today, cadence stayed nice and high and I negative splitted on the 2nd half. No idea about the pace though but it wasn't too slow.


I'm being much more aggressive in my training this summer but I really feel that I'm ready to take my racing to the next level in all my sports. I trying to respect my limits though. My knee hurt a for a minute while I was running but I was ok. My arches were sore for a few minutes but I ran through it. They were pretty sore afterwards and I stretched them out by rolling a lacrosse ball under my foot.


The 17 year cicadas are out and they are really something to see. HUGE and very pretty - lot of bright orange accents on their bodies. They're quite loud.


Sunday
Rest


Spent the day traveling to Penn State. Missed my flight out of O'Hare and spent the day waiting on standby and spent the night in Washington/Dulles airport. Airport food = getting fat. Had plenty of time to read Cycling and an article in Men's Health about Micheal Phelps. I also saw the entire Dc United soccer team.

Totals:

Swim: 0
Bike: 1 hr 30 min
Run: 2hr 10 min
Total: 3hr 40 min

Pretty low volume week but increased my running. With two moves and no bike there wasn't much else I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment