All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Week of 06/06/07 - Week 3

At Penn State for an Astrostatistics Summer School

Monday
32 min run
10x pushups
5x diamond pushups
core

Tuesday
31 min run

Wednesday
25 min swim
5 min w/u
5 min @ 10 lengths moderate, 1 length underwater
5 min @ 3 lengths recovery, 1 length sprint
5 min @ 2 lengths recovery, 2 length sprint
5 min @ 4 lengths recovery, 4 length sprint
20 min run

10x pushups
5x diamond pushups
pullups/chinups

Got a solid day in today - very happy. After class I headed to the pool. It was a crappy ~20 yrd hotel pool with a 3ft shallow end. It was just me and pretty boring at first. I cooked up a random bunch of sets and took generous breaks in between to keep myself interested. Topped it of with a pretty exhausted run - but in a good way. Nice running around Penn State - great hills. I was really glad I'm holding myself to higher standards and not just settling for a 25 min workout. Everything still feels pretty good in terms of injury prevention though I probably could stretch a bit more. I'd like to break 4 hours this week but with traveling and school all day I'll be glad to break 3.

Thursday
Rest

We had a big banquette today for my summer school class. No time to train but we did get great food and wine. Afterwards the students went out dancing. Good times

Friday
No idea. It's been too long...

Saturday
40 min run

Managed to get a 40 min run in becuase today was the last day of classes and we didn't go the full day.

Sunday
Rest

Today was travel day from Penn State to Baltimore. Still groggy from the bars I slept for about 90 min in the hotel lobby so I wouldn't miss my shuttle to the airport. I was beat and slept most of the afternoon. I wandered out of my house at about 9 pm, ate some subway and then went back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment