All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Odds and Ends - A Little Friday Motivation For The Weekend

It's going to be perfect riding weather this weekend. 50 degrees on Saturday and nearly 60 on Sunday! Amazing for February! Get out there and ride! If you need any more inspiration than that here you go:

nvgp-men-s3-03-7496.jpg

"They told me I was gonna have to work for a living
But all I want to do is ride
I don't care where we're going
From here honey, you decide
Well I spend my time
At the bottom of a wishing well
And I can hear my dreams
Ringing clear as a bell
I used to know where they ended
And the world began
But now it's getting hard to tell
I could be just around the corner from heaven
Or a mile from Hell
"

- Jackson Browne, The Road and the Sky

_42847331_cycling_body_afp.jpg

Does anyone who really puts their heart into their training know where their dreams end and and the world begins? Sometimes yes, but a lot of times no. Keeping our eye on the future is what drives us forward. Don't forget the title of this blog is Chasing Something for a reason.

But unexpected gorgeous days, like the ones coming up this weekend, keep us firmly focused in the here and now. The simple pleasures of being outside exercising with friends and not being cold.

Lastly, I know a lot of my teammates from TWSS are going to be competing in the USATF XC Championships this weekend just outside DC. As I have no business running that race I'll be riding down to spectate. They're going to be up against some serious competetition including defending champ Dathen Ritzenheim. I should have plenty of pictures of mud-covered and agonized teammates by the end of the day :-)

bruceely_xcountry.jpg

Whatever your plans - enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment