All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Odds and Ends: Umm ... wanna have sex?

So there is a school of thought on picking up chicks where you should just be as direct as possible. Basically, "hey wanna have sex? No? Fine." The idea is that you'll get rejected (and slapped) 99 out of 100 times. But that means if you ask 100 girls a day you'll get laid every night!

As it turns out this is just an idea and in real life you're likely to get rejected 100% of the time. Still, I'm not amazed when people try this in some form or another. I AM amazed when a business takes basically the same approach:



Replace "sex" with "$14,615" and it's basically the same idea with I imagine basically the same result (replace "blue balls" with bankruptcy). I saw this ad on an in-flight magazine on my flight to Madison a few weeks ago. At first glance I thought it was a torture rack or something kinkier. You can't read the fine print in this picture but trust me - it's hilarious.

I imagine the meeting where they pitched this:
"I mean, all we need is like, 10 idiots and we'll break even. 10! Think of all the idiots you know..."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment