All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Song Of The Week: MGMT - Time To Pretend

This week's musical offering comes to you from MGMT off their 2007 Oracular Spectacular. They're a little bigger in Europe than in the US so you might not have heard of them though they made the 40 album charts in 2008. If you've heard them at all you're probably most familiar with the bouncy hook from their single Kids. But I'm a little more into the cut I chose for this week - Time To Pretend. When I go in for electronic music it's gotta be way over the top so when the bass synth came in about 30s in I was down with this track. Throw in the hedonistic pop-culture worshiping lyrics and you've got a great track. Enjoy!



I know I can't seem to STFU about the guy but Lance Armstrong tweeted that he used MGMT as warm up music during a stage of the ToC :)

UPDATE 03/03/09:

Seriously hooked on this song. I wanted to post they lyrics:

I'm feeling rough
I'm feeling raw
I'm in the prime of my life.

Let's make some music
Make some money
Find some models for wives.

I'll move to Paris
Shoot some heroin
And fuck with the stars.

You man the island
And the cocaine
And the elegant cars.

This is our decision
To live fast
And die young.

We've got the vision,
Now let's have some fun.

Yeah, it's overwhelming,
But what else can we do?

Get jobs in offices,
And wake up for the morning commute.

Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment