All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Blogroll Update: I Like Bikes

Here is the next installment in my series of new blogs you should be reading in 2010.

I Like Bikes - Gelhing is Geo's old roommate and another former UW teammate of mine. He recently upgraded to whatever the highest category of MTB racing is -- F1 or super-grande mochaccino or something like that. He works for THE GREAT TREK BICYCLE MAKING CORPORATION and is dating the lovely Claire (see next week).

He's also a digital artist and makes most-modern pieces such as this one:


Even though he's the same age as me Gehling disproportionately contributes to the level of old-man grumpiness among the Wisco alumni. This is probably because he has to put up with the rest of us spending our "recovery time" on spring break drinking, streaking, fighting and causing a ruckus as well as the general aggravation of watching us scheme up, execute and then recover from a seemingly endless stream of alcohol and adrenaline fueled shit-show ideas. But once a year we throw him in the Thunderdome with Geo and that seems to let out most of his aggression:



But he's good on the bike too and we had a great time riding up and down the mountains of North Carolina on spring break. But Gehling, don't think you'll be able to pull the same sneak attack sprint on me this year at the top of Chirahalla Skyway!


(yeah I'm flipping you off son)

No comments:

Post a Comment