All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


SOTW: Jerk It - Thunderheist

[Sorry the song of the week is a day late this week as a result of raging birthday festivities. The song can be streamed from the sidebar. As always I encourage you to check out the artist's website.]

I'm on day 7 of a 12-day bender right now to mark my 25th birthday and this is my song.

With Geo and J-Dizzle in town, Tank (who turned 31 yesterday), Dr. K and I have been setting Bmore on fire. We've hit all out favorite bars and downed plenty of our favorite beverages. What was supposed to be a weekend turned into 4 days. Then 6. At some point I looked at the guys and said:

"this is no longer a bender ... this has become an alcoholic spirit quest"

But I've still trained 5 of the last 7 days. I plan to start working intervals and high volume into my training today. Then this weekend Rez@ andGnar are flying down from Boston for a few more big nights of partying.

Meanwhile the rest of TWSS ripped through every bar in Miami and then placed several runners in the top 50 at the Miami half-marathon despite some serious hangovers.

That's how we do things here.

Enter our song of the week: Jerk It by Canadian duo Thunderheist.

Boom, right away you can feel the muscular fuzzed-out synth hook and the pulsing 4-on-the-floor bass kick. My head is already bobbing by the time Isis comes in rapping. Before she's even spit a couple of verses Grahm Zilla starts putting more layers on the track. Next thing I know I'm in the middle of a packed and raging club scene.

Big, bold and memorable this is definitely the song for this week.

Everybody watchin'
That don't mean we stoppin'
Let them know you worth it
Dust it off and jerk it

Let's get after it this week.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually gonna say that "morning after pill" by Louis Logic should be the song of the week/12 days of boozing.


    listen here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to disagree. While that is a tight track I am proud of everything we (and especially you) did the last week. Now if you excuse me I'm going to go drink another pot of coffee.

    ReplyDelete