All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


My Training: Skyline Century

What you are looking at is a map of the 96M length of Skyline Drive through Shenandoah State Park. As the topology indicates this would be a damn hilly ride. This is something I've been kicking around in the back of my head for a while. I looked into the details a little bit and now I defiantly want to give it a go some time early this summer. Car details would be tricky since it's a point-to-point ride but I think it could be worked out.

Whose's in?

Posted via email from alcovia's posterous

4 comments:

  1. R and several others ride down there all the time. it is my understanding that the riding on skyline is not too bad, rather the most difficult climbs can be had getting up to skyline. I can certainly get some recon for you. or you could go to Greencastle, PA and do the loop I did on sunday.
    here is a link
    http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/pa/greencastle/485495342458

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe in the late summer I'd be able to do it, but I won't hold my breath. Could stay at Ben's in Winchester, or something. Interestingly Luray is about halfway along the route, I had hopes of racing there again this year, in August. I love that place. Maybe a ride and then some spelunking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up. And I'm going to try to do a weekend or two up at Penn State this summer if you're down. Lots of good hills up there too. I did this ride last fall when I went up for football games.
    http://www.mapmyfitness.com/ride/united-states/pa/state-college/649612488

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are totally welcome to stay at our place. How about I give you guys a ride down to the southern end - you ride north including the extra 20 miles to winchester (all down hill) and I'll have beers waiting?

    ReplyDelete