All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Friday - 03/03/06 - Headaches

20 min swim

5Xchinup
5Xpullup
10Xpushup
5Xdiamond pushup

So after the banging headache I got after last weeks long swim I decided that I take my flipturns too fast. Today I realized that I definitely do spaz out and throw my head down way too hard every time I do a flipturn.

I was surprised, though I shouldn't have been, to find that even if I move slowly my body will follow my head and I can do a slow flipturn.

Still, after about 5 min my head started to pound. By the time I got out of the pool I was slightly dizzy and my head was killing me. I think it's actually the acceleration when I push off from the wall that's bothering me. At any rate it wasn't as intense as last week and passed quicker.

As I got out of the pool I pretended to decide whether or not I should do my strength anyway. But I know that decision was made long ago when I decided to be the best athlete I could be.

It's a mixture of insanity and determination but it makes dreams come true from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment