All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Saturday - 03/04/06 - Home

~4 mile run

My Godfather's untimely death brought me back home to Oak Park this weekend. It's odd to think that we will all eventually fade away.

Went from my house and did the loop through the forest preserve to The Mountain (Devil's to the drunks in High School). When I got to The Mountain there were a couple of young high school looking kids hanging out. I said hi as I ran past and then I heard one go "What the hell..." as I charged right up the hill without breaking stride.

Is there really much of a difference between art and sports when you can inspire a gut reaction like that in someone?

Overall the run felt alright, not great. I need to start stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment