All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Monday-Wednesday - 03/2706-03/29/06 - Getting Up

My recovery seems to be going well. I managed to get to all my classes on my crutches on Monday.

That afternoon I went into the Doctor's office to have my dressings removed and got my first look at my scars. For some reason I was expecting something more horrific and theatrical. Instead the incisions looked very, well, surgical.


I had bled a little bit into my dressings but not too much. And of course none of my stitches had popped, something I had convinced myself was happening everything something hurt in my leg.

By Tuesday I was off the crutches and shuffling around. I looking kinda like someone walking on ice and my steps were really clompy.

Wednesday I was walking fairly normally but getting sick of my ACE warps. They keep coming off but my calves are still really swollen so they're still necessary.

This weekend the nurse said I could take off my steristrips myself (little strips on my shin that are holding my wound closed).


On Tuesday I go back into see Dr. Turnipseed and he'll probably cut me loose then to start non impact training (swimming, biking) sometime that week.


I'll have to set up some Physical Therapy appointments after that to get back into running.

No comments:

Post a Comment