All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Tuesday - 05/02/06 - The Worst Shape of My Life

92 min ride
with Casey, Matt K. and Matt
Old Sauk to the Ironman course and back
24.28 miles
15.6 mph avg

Ice (twice)
abs

This morning I went to the Dr's (different Dr.) because I had been sick for the past 3 weeks since I went to a conference in Asheville. My illness combined with my surgery combined with my leg retaining more fluid after regionals means that I was officially in the worst shape of my life. My heart rate was 76 bpm.

76!
That's the highest stationary heart rate I've ever seen since I starting following it my freshman year. Even then it was at a 61.

Oh well, what can you do but keep working?

On the bright side the fluid in my leg is gone, the Dr. gave me some antibiotics (amoxicillin) and today was a beautiful day and I got to get out and ride.

Good times.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything gets better. Good luck with physical therapy.

    ReplyDelete