All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Wednesday - 05/17/06 - Lost

am
41 mile ride
2 hrs 21 min
avg 17.4

pm
10 min run
core
30 min stretch

Oh man, I got totally lost on my ride this morning. I was went out with Casey C., Fresh and Matt H. They were going 4 hours and I was planning on turning back at an hour to get in 2 hours. We ended up going this crazy route I've never been on. I think we were going out to Belleville. At anyrate the the turnaround Matt and Steve gave me directions back and within 20 minutes I was completely lost never having even seen the first turn that I was supposed to come up on in 10 minutes. I didn't even know which direction to head to.

Normally this is not such a big deal but I had left at 9 and needed to be somewhere at noon. I finally pulled over and called Arjun who after about 15 min was able to mapquest me back. IT turns out I was only about a mile from Fishhatchery Rd. I mashed the pedals home for about 45 min.

Of course to top it all off as I raced to make it home in time I almost crashed when my wheel caught a parallel crack on Nakoma.

Longer and faster than I planned on going. And then a double in the evening. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment