All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Monday - 02/19/07 - Spring Has Sprung?

25 min run.

Tonight's run was at 12:15 so technically it was tomorrow's run. Today was the end of a long long cold spell and it got up to the mid 40s. I was dying all day I wanted to go out for a ride so badly. So right before bed I couldn't over come the urge to go for a run in shorts in a tee shirt - comfortably dressed among the 2 foot high snow drifts.

I just went and looped around Bascom a few times and chugged up a few minor hills. I'm pretty out of shape but just happy to have some decent weather to get some work in. I found myself running by the department looking up at the windows to see who was still working - a creature of habit I suppose.

At the end of the run I found myself standing on the edge of Lake Menona outside my backyard. I stood there for a few minutes thinking about the long runs I've done around those lakes. I felt pulled or compelled to something...but I'm not sure what.

No comments:

Post a Comment