All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


Irony is Best When No One Else Gets It

So I took a day of on Friday. I didn't bring my bike to work because I only had to work two hours at the office that day and then finish off a homework assignment before 6pm. Plenty of time to make it back to my place and maybe get in a happy hour before a Saturday morning long ride - right? Wrong! I'll spare you the details but of course everything took WAY longer than expected. But that's the not the point.

The point, the thing that sealed the deal about me taking a day off instead of going home and riding the trainer was that I decided to go to a concert instead. What concert? Get this - REEL BIG FISH WITH BONE THUGS AND HARMONY PRESENTED BY THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY SPRING FAIR!!!

If this is not immediately funny to you on multiple levels you should:
1) Realize it's not 1997 (so take off the Jinco's)
2) Realize that the 97% white and asian crowd actually though that "I tired" was about their day-to-day problems at an elite private university. This video below should clear that up for you (see below).
3) and lastly click here.





Both groups put on a good show though. like most groups that have been aroud for a minute there were few suprises but they played to their strengths - their songs you know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment