All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


The Lifestyle: Slurpee Sunday!

This was a great week of riding. In addition to 2 workouts and a race I put in just under 16 hours of riding making this my highest volume week of riding (except for spring break last year). Best of all, Tank, Dr. K and I had our first Slupee Sunday of the year today at the end of 4+ hr 67M ride.

A Slurpee Sunday, shaved legs and a race -- today really is the first day of spring!

Tomorrow is our annual team kickoff meeting for LSV and we get our new kits for the season. I'll post some pics of the new gear as well as a race report from this weekend soon.

Have a great week!
a

[Update 03/21/10 22:25 EST -- So something amazing happened on our ride today. We were bombing down a descent -- probably going 40 mph. Tank on the front, Jamie right in his draft and me about 10m back. Right at the bottom Jamie looks back at me with a big shit-eating grin on his face and flashes me a Sneaky Rhino in Tanks direction (if you don't know don't ask).

I almost fell off the bike laughing,

Later Tank was lallygagging on a climb so Jamie and I ducked off the road behind some pine trees and let Tank pass and then starting riding about 200m back from him. As were riding up on him Jamie turns to me and says:

"You know ... this really would be the sneakiest rhino.

The Sneaky Rhino -- Elf's gift to the world.]


No comments:

Post a Comment