All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


SOTW: I Don't Wanna Grow Up - Hayes Carll

[The Song Of The Week can be streamed from the the Grooveshark Widget on the the sidebar. As always I encourage you to support the artist and visit their website.]


After a bit of a dry spell I finally stumbled on something I liked for the S.O.T.W. I've been on a bit of an alt-country kick as of late and it shows in this week's choice: Hayes Carll's cover of Tom Waite's I Don't Wanna Grow Up. You can find this track on Carll's 2008 release Trouble in Mind. All this twang is probably related to my newfound appreciation for whiskey. Just this weekend I watched my friends choke down a cup of Gentleman Jack we were passing around and drown it with Miller Lite at Ben's going away party. Meanwhile, I sipped it and chased it with my glass of Jack on the rocks.

The rest of the evening is fuzzy.

Our drinking exploits aside, this is an appropriate track pick this week though as Tank, Dr. K and I are heading out this weekend to spend a week in the North Carolina mountains with the UW Cycling Team. Actually, there are always a number of alumni on this trip - at least 3 of them over 30. It seems none of us want to grow up.

Or maybe we've just found the best way to do it.

Have a great week!
a

No comments:

Post a Comment