All I want to do is drink beer and train like an animal.
- Rod Dixon

I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life.
- MGMT


SOTW: The Wild Hunt - The Tallest Man On Earth

[The SOTW can be streamed from Grooveshark widget in the sidebar. As always I encourage you to visit the artist's website and support them.]

I left my heart to the wild hunt a-comin'
I live until they call
And I plan to be forgotten when I'm gone
Yes I'll be leavin' in the fall

It's Back!

The SOTW has been a less that regular feature this year. In part I've had other things to blog about (lots of race reports mostly) but I was also having a hard time finding anything I wanted to throw up on the playlist. 

But, I've found a string of good stuff to share. The first of which is this week's selection: The Wild Hunt by Swedish folk artist Kristian Matsson under the moniker The Tallest Man On Earth. It is the title track of his April 2010 release which is the best new album I've heard this year. The title, I think, refers to the European legend of the Wild Hunt. You can read into the possible illusion as much as you like.

I was shocked to discover that Matsson is Swedish because there something immediately Dylan-esque about Matsson's cougar-call of a voice and his wandering lyrics. There is nothing Swedish about this album though - this is pure American folk. It might take a couple of listens but once you get used to his voice I think this is a great track and a noteworthy record.  

I hope you enjoy. 

I plan to have lots of posts this week and string of SOTW's to come so check back!

Have a great week,
a

Posted via email from alcovia's posterous

3 comments:

  1. Cool song. Oh, and I'm busting you for copying off of my blog banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biking no-handed at 9 mph and biking one-handed at 18 mph are not the same thing. Give it a few years. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't sweat it dude! Sans hands comes a little more naturally for some than others, so don't feel bashful that it took you a few years to get the hang of it. Only time will give you the confidence to go faster. Keep at it!.. and keep those tunes coming!

    ReplyDelete